Monday, February 14, 2011

Jasmine Chicken and Rice Soup

The colds this season are the worst I've seen in awhile! 


Here is a recipe for the old "starve a fever, feed a cold" saying.  (and yes I really am going to post a recipe, he he!)
Jasmine Chicken and Rice Soup

Its really simple tasting but still has a lot of flavor.
Using a small/medium pot put all of these ingredients together...
3-4 chicken breast (ah, breasts... had to mention, he he) tenderloins,
about 4 cups of water,
about 3/4 cup of jasmine rice (don't use the usual it won't have the same pinache!),
a little salt, to taste:)
sliced carrots and celery, (I prefer a course chop it adds texture and visual interest)
about 2 tsp of dried onion (if you dont have this a fresh chopped onion will work too).
4 cups Chicken Broth
Just play with the amount of vegetables/chicken/rice to your own taste :).
bring all of this to a boil, once boiling, lower to a full simmer and add a few or more cups of chicken broth...again however soupy you like it :)
Let it simmer for 45 min or an hour...sometimes I even go over an hour because the chicken feels like it melts in your mouth.  The more you reduce, the richer the flavor, watch the rice so it doesn't get too soft though, I did that the first time I made it,  It's better with a little firmness (most things are, LOL)

Sorry this isn't too specific, but everyone has their own style.  The recipe isn't my own original, but it is a favorite of mine, I always smile when I make it! 




 Oh, don't forget one can season more with salt and pepper.




I'm gonna kick back and watch the movie Leep Year ya'll, its a great romantic movie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I love this recipe. Will try it this week. I love Jasmine rice. Yum!

Coincidentally, I have a recipe, specifically for you. I had planned on posting it on Monday but moved it to Wednesday.

Hope you enjoyed Leep Year. ;-)

~ Sweets

Veritas said...

Thank you Sweets! My day brightens when I see your clever thoughtful notes! I await the recipe happily!

V~

Popular Posts